Not so long ago, Instagram added a new and now mainstream video format to its platform called Reels . Users from all over the world have the opportunity to share their video in full screen size for phones.
Since Rils videos come to our feed from all over the world, they often have a commentary or signature of the author in a foreign language, such as English, Spanish, German and other languages. And of course, I want to translate and understand what the video is about or follow the author’s train of thought!
How to translate Reels
It should be noted that there is no built-in translation of Reels on Instagram now (it is available for stories, comments, profile descriptions).
But there is a way to quickly and efficiently translate Rils on your phone and computer.
Translation of Reels on the phone
In order to translate the description, caption or comment to the video, you must:
- Go to Instagram using a mobile browser such as Yandex Browser or Google Chrome ( Usually one or the other must be preinstalled on a smartphone );
- Next, find the video we need and open it;
- In the lower right corner, click on the three dots and select “Translate page”;
- Ready! The description, comments, nicknames and even the text on the Reels video have been translated.
Translation of Reels from a computer
On a PC, the translation process is almost the same as a telephone one:
- Open the web version of Instagram on the official website through any of the browsers mentioned above and go to your profile;
- We are looking for the desired Reels video and select it;
- Right-click on the area with comments (from the author, etc.);
- From the menu that appears, select “Translate into Russian”;
It happens that the translation does not work when translating through the Yandex browser and you additionally need to choose from which language to translate.
Emilly Stefan The Fear lab was an American author of young adult novels, most known for her fantasy series, Age of the Seventh Sun.