Who does not know an alcoholic person? This can be a friend or a neighbor, it can even be a member of our family, who make the environment where they live unpleasant, since they usually become aggressive, intolerable and put on embarrassing shows. If your husband or another member of your family suffers from this disease, we recommend that you pray for an alcoholic husband and he will surely come out of that addiction.
Prayer for an alcoholic husband
Alcoholism is a disease that generates a strong need to consume alcoholic beverages in an uncontrolled manner, this intake causes physical and emotional dependence. It is important to point out that the alcoholic is not only that being who consumes every day; some drink only on weekends, monthly or without a fixed period.
At present, this addiction has become a problem that grows more and more every day and its consequences range from the sorrow caused by the consumer in his family environment to the death of the alcoholic himself or the death of other people due to accidents caused by his state of drunkenness.
Stopping a loved one’s alcohol intake can often be frustrating. However, when you have God in your heart it is easier; With confidence in the Lord, pray for an alcoholic husband and the results will be surprising.
The Bible: Instrument of Salvation
Anyone who scrutinizes the Holy Scriptures and believes in them, obtains infinite spiritual help both to get out of difficult circumstances and to strengthen faith and the special blessings of our life. In this sense, it can be affirmed that there we find messages with precise and opportune words to guide the alcoholic to face his problem and to reach his salvation.
Among these messages we have:
- Have faith in God that will achieve your healing . In several books the Bible speaks to us about faith; for example Hebrews 11:1-2: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For her the ancients obtained a good testimony.
This message invites us to ask by believing in the Lord, removing the doubts from our thoughts and hearts so that through faith we receive an answer to our prayer for an alcoholic.
- God of the impossible . Saint Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Everything that is impossible for man is possible for God the Father Almighty; Therefore, even if the circumstances with the drunk seem impossible to solve, ask God, trust in the Lord and he will make unimaginable changes in his being.
- The sacrifice of Jesus . In the gospels mainly the painful passion of our Lord Jesus Christ is related; and it is reflected how, despite all his pain, he kept his faith in God the Father, because even without seeing him, he trusted in his promise of salvation.
It is important that when praying for an alcoholic we take into consideration the above, we assure you that everyone who wants to can be saved if they trust in God’s mercy.
How to Overcome Addiction?
In addition to the messages previously presented in the following biblical readings, you can find help to strengthen faith and for a brother in Christ to overcome addiction.
- Salmo 40:1-5
- Romans 1:17
- Ephesians 3:16-17
- 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Romans 15:13
- Santiago 1:6
- Salmo 116:1-7
- Hebrews 11:11
- 1 Pedro 1:8-9
- Ephesians 4:22-24
- Santiago 1:3
- Romans 10:10
- Juan 11:40
- Juan 11:25-26
- 2 Corinthians 5:16-21
- Corinthians 13:2.
The words found in the Holy Scriptures warn us many times of danger. Drinking alcohol is a sin that leads us to perdition, the book of Proverbs warns us ” as liquor is sweet to the palate but when it enters our body it destroys us like a raging fire .”
This verse shows the changes of the alcoholic man that go from his fights, his mood swings to how he gets up as if nothing happened after he has slept drunk and drinks again.
Proverbs 23:30-35. “ For those who do not give up wine, for those who are trying mixtures. Don’t look at the wine when it reddens, when its color shines in the glass! It enters gently, but in the end it bites like a snake, it causes pain like an asp.
Your eyes will see strange things and your heart will say wicked things. It will be as if you were lying in the middle of the sea or as if you were lying on the top of a mast. And you will say: “ They hurt me but it didn’t hurt me; I was whipped, but I didn’t feel it; when I wake up I’ll come back for more”
Some Reflections on the Word of God
The word of God says that “ there is not a man on earth so righteous that he never commits sin ”. The alcoholic man is a sinner since this addiction comes from the enemy who came to this world to tempt, divide and destroy. Therefore, it is essential to pray the prayer for alcoholics .
The best tool to overcome it is through the divine word and the direct prayer that we have with God because only he gives us strength through his teachings.
The Holy Bible gives us treatises on which to rely to help the alcohol addict and his environment. Let’s take a look at some of those thoughts:
- Ephesians 5,18: “ Do not be drunk with wine, which is a cause of debauchery; rather be filled with the Spirit .” In this verse, God exhorts us to leave alcoholic beverages and take from his faith through the Holy Spirit to fill our lives with eternal joys.
- Paul in his letters persuades man not to get drunk since he will be weakened and exposed to satan, who will take advantage of it to drive him to commit evil.
- For his part, Peter begs man to refrain from carnal desires, because it is better to suffer doing good than doing evil . This word leads to take into account all the fatalities that an alcoholic has caused.
- Habakkuk 2:15: “ Woe to him who gives his neighbor a drink! Woe to you, who brings your gall to him and makes him drunk to look at his nakedness! You have filled yourself with dishonor more than honor; baby you too and you will be discovered ”. By means of this word, God disapproves of the evil behavior of the man who makes another drunk so that he does improper acts.
Alcoholism. Illness or vice?
For some specialists vice is the habit of doing something harmful from a moral point of view, but whoever practices it has no control and not only harms himself but also harms those close to him.
They also state that society does not accept this practice because they consider those who carry it out to be perverted and immoral.
In this sense, there is controversy to accept that the alcoholic is addicted, since on the one hand it is true that they do not control themselves and can be harmed, but on the other hand there are people who are morally irreproachable whose only weakness is brandy.
For its part, the World Health Organization defines alcoholism as ” a disorder that has a primary biological cause and a predictable natural history, which conforms to the accepted definitions of any disease “.
So if it is an illness the alcoholic can be treated not only through medicine but also spiritually through prayer for an alcoholic.
Since by praying you can get the sick person to reflect and by his own will, accept help and let himself be guided to refrain from ingesting alcoholic beverages.
Characteristics of an alcoholic husband
As previously explained, the alcoholic person not only harms himself but also others, especially family members.
In most cases, the wife or partner is the most affected because it is the one that maintains a more direct relationship with the individual and therefore witnesses his crises. Among the peculiarities of an alcoholic patient we can find:
Lose control : most of those who drink say that they stop drinking whenever they want, without realizing that they enter a vicious circle where they do not control the frequency and quantity of liquor they drink, therefore stopping this situation escapes from her hands.
He lives on excuses: the alcoholic justifies his aptitude with many lies. Among them we have: he says he drinks less quantity than he appears; he hides to take; invent false exits to go to places that sell liquor; he affirms to leave the brandy when he wants it; by fighting he ensures that others interfere with him; he always has a different justification for why he drinks; others.
Risks to health and life. The risks of drinking alcohol are: physical and mental deterioration, contracting diseases caused by excessive intake of alcoholic beverages, traffic accidents due to drunk driving, injuries due to fights; and in the last case death.
It harms your relationship . Living with an alcoholic can create stress; since discussions are constantly generated, trust is lost due to permanent excuses, he feels powerless when wanting to help and not being able to do so. On the other hand, it harms the intimacy of the couple because alcohol can cause sexual dysfunction.
He is unstable in his behavior . Excessive consumption of liquor can cause depression, emotional and mental disorders, mental blackouts that cause mood swings, one moment you can be happy and the next you become aggressive and incomprehensible.
He suffers from temporary withdrawal. When he stops drinking liquor, the patient presents palpitations, hallucinations, sweating, anguish and tremors, which disappear as soon as he drinks again.
Sample Prayers for an Alcoholic Husband
The word of God says that whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it, and it will be given to you, because everyone who asks will be given and everyone who seeks will find. Here are several sample prayers for an alcoholic husband.
Prayer to God entrusting the husband
Lord my God, Father Jesus of Glory, first of all I thank you for this day of life; I present myself before your divine presence trusting that you hear my prayers; In this moment of anguish for me and for my family, I beg you to protect us from all pain, give us the strength to bear these burdens.
My God, I place in your hands my beloved husband (Husband’s name) who has fallen into the temptation of the devil, keep him away from consuming liquor, keep him away from bad influences, Oh beloved father, keep him from going to places where he finds alcoholic beverages, seal her mouth so she can’t drink, she seals her eyes so they don’t look at brandy.
I appeal, Lord, to your infinite mercy to achieve the salvation of his soul; transform him into a good man, a loving man, an excellent father, Almighty God, for you everything is possible, I ask you to be drunk with your Holy Spirit, guide him along the path of good, to repent of his sins and return to the paths of good, I pray that his eyes turn to you and he can follow in your footsteps.
Lord, Merciful Father I cry out to you, break the chains that have him tied to such a painful vice, free him from alcoholism, heal his body and mind from this disease; In the name of Jesus I ask you to give him a new heart full of love for his children, for his parents, for his whole family, for me, a heart full of kindness, tolerance, peace, a heart willing to leave the bad path , a heart willing to follow only you.
I implore you to illuminate his life, to guard his entrances and his exits, bless my beloved husband, I ask this in the name of Jesus,
Prayer for my Alcoholic Husband of Several Years
When a man has been drinking aguardiente for many years, it is very difficult for a woman to help him quit drinking, and even more so if he does not have the will to get away from the vice. And the situation becomes more complicated if we are surrounded by people with bad vibes who only judge and criticize the behavior of the drunk.
However, Almighty God is the only one who provides refuge to individuals or families who are going through such adverse situations. You can pray this prayer for my alcoholic husband of several years in the company of your loved ones.
Lord my God, to you be all the glory and all the honor, thank you for your divine presence in my life, I humbly come before you together with my children and my family, to ask you for my beloved husband (name of the subject) who has fallen into the temptation of alcoholism and this situation deteriorates our home more every day, my God, I implored you to be you taking control of his life, taking control of his crises, oh, my God, my heart is in pain, my children They cry bitterly to see their father like this.
God the Merciful Father, in the name of your son Jesus Christ, He cried out to you to transform his life, make my beloved husband a good man, worthy of you, be you working in him; protect him at all times, in all places; With the authority given to me in the name of Jesus Christ your only son, I rebuke every spirit of drunkenness.
I rebuke every Spirit that binds you to a bottle of liquor, I rebuke every bad company that wants to induce you to drink, I rebuke every Spirit of fighting, I rebuke every Spirit of depression, and in the name of Jesus of Nazareth who is above all names I bound you, and threw them into the deepest abyss, in the name of Jesus I cast them out of his body because they do not belong to him.
Keep praying fervently
In the name of Jesus I declared (husband’s name) a free man in body and soul, I declare you free from all alcoholic ties, I declare you a blessed man, a happy man, a man devoted to his family; In the name of Jesus I declare that at this moment every demon that opposes the divine will leaves him, goes to deserted places without any rest, he cast them out of this world.
Sovereign God, great are You, worthy of all praise, yours is all the honor and all the glory, I pray that your Holy Spirit dwells in us, mainly in my husband who so much needs his fullness, his joy, make your Holy Spirit fill you with wisdom, guide you to make the best decisions.
May your Holy Spirit accompany him in this battle against this terrible disease so that he may be victorious, Lord bless our lives, our family, our marriage in a very special way; thank you Father because you have wanted that despite everything we are still united in love, thank you for your love and your infinite mercy. Amen
If you prayed this prayer for an alcoholic husband, you must have enough faith to believe that God will be working in him, remember the word says everything you ask in my name with faith will be given .
How to say a prayer for my alcoholic husband?
Tolerance, respect, love and patience are qualities that must prevail when living as a couple. But when the husband is an alcoholic, patience must reign, since uncomfortable situations can arise that affect coexistence and prayer for an alcoholic husband can help a lot.
We suggest that:
- First of all, enter into communion with God and ask for the strength and wisdom necessary to control your husband’s drunkenness.
- Pray to the Lord, Your God, to show you the path to follow to help your husband and your children in this situation.
- Trust in God, as that ideal being who gives you hope and comfort in difficult times.
- Loving your husband and having a lot of patience with him because even when he causes problems, he is the person you decided to live with, and you should support him through thick and thin.
- Beseech Almighty God to increase your faith and that of your family, and to forgive your husband of the bad actions generated by alcohol
- Pray constantly to avoid the temptations of the devil that lead your husband to drink liquor.
In addition to praying for an alcoholic husband, you can consider the following recommendations that will help you in the spiritual healing and salvation of the whole family:
- Keep trust in God and expect him to act according to his holy will.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you at all times.
- Carry out biblical readings every day to learn from his word and increase faith
- Remember woman that God made you his ideal helper and as such battle for him.
- Teach your children to love and respect their father in any circumstance. Since one of the commandments of God says Honor your father and your mother.
- Be patient, do not despair so that nothing and no one steals your peace.
- When you get up in the morning, first thank God for this new opportunity.
- Give thanks every day for what has been received and what has not been received, because it makes us stronger and allows us to continue fighting to receive more blessings.
- Pray with faith and hope that what is asked for is already a promise fulfilled by the Lord.
- Remember the bible says to rejoice in God, because a grateful heart is always happy.
- Give daily words of encouragement to the alcoholic husband to overcome his addiction.
Last but not least, we remind you that you must love, respect and value yourself as a woman and as a divine creation; therefore never allow verbal abuse and much less physical. If a situation like this arises, do not be silent, seek competent help before it gets out of hand and you cannot do anything for him or for yourself.
We recommend you visit the following electronic pages where you will find information of interest: